Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Arcade Fire - The Suburbs = The New Soundtrack of My Life!

This new album moves my soul. I can't say that a lot about new albums these days, but ever since I heard Arcade Fire's "Intervention" song off their Neon Bible album, I fell in love with the Southern comfort and plantation feel of this wonderful Montreal Canadian band.

Photo Credit: Nova Markina Photography
It's funny how I feel when I listen to Arcade Fire. I think of the deep South, as this weekend we drove to check out Uncle Tom's Cabin in Dresden, Ontario, as it was Emancipation weekend.

If only they'd had some big oak trees there, but they had my big weeping willows :) I'll talk about that in another post.

"The Suburbs" makes me close my eyes and sway like a tree, in fact. There are so many good tracks! I would say my favourites right now would be "We used to Wait", Rococo, Deep Blue, Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains) and The Suburbs (Continued). Those are the ones I have on repeat, for now :)

Arcade Fire released this album just yesterday (August 3rd in North America) and I am in LOVE!  Definitely add this album to your collection. It's beautiful!

Here are a few of my favourite tracks, below!














2 comments:

SockBoy said...

It is excellent! :) Been working to it the past couple of days. :)

Unknown said...

Oh man! It's so good! Glad you're jamming out to it with work. It makes the day go by nice and fast :D

Elle♥

Post a Comment